I was hoping that I would be able to post more updates but the whirlwind of life have gotten to me. We finally found out the day before Thanksgiving that our homestudy was approved; that gave us something to be very thankful for. We then got the okay and information to begin our dossier. A dossier is a plethora of documents requested by Ecuador which is a representation of us. Almost every document needs to be notarized and appostilled. A lot of organization is involved and you seem to be at the mercy of others to complete the documents correctly and in a timely manner. Just today I went to pick up police clearance records for Giovanni and me. I luckily looked over the documents before I left the police station and noticed they misspelled Ecuador (probably not a mistake you can just let fly). This is after I wrote a detailed letter of everything that needed to be included in the document, including the correct spelling of Ecuador. So now we will wait until Monday until they can make the corrections and notarize it again. I am hoping that it will not take us too long to complete our dossier; my goal is to have it completed by February. But like I said earlier we are at the mercy of a lot of other people.
What else is going on in our lives: Giovanni got a promotion at work. So proud of him! I am finishing my last semester of my masters program. I will graduate in the spring after I complete the comprehensive exam for my department. Not sure what my plans are after I graduate…continue taking classes to obtain an additional endorsement in Autism, work on a PhD. or just give it a break. It is so hard to plan things like this because our future is in such limbo. Who knows where we will be around that time. I would like to think that we would be close to the end of our journey, but only HE knows what is in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment