Capone Update: Yesterday was a very stressful day for me! I took Capone in to the vet for a routine check up and vaccinations. During the exam the Dr. noticed an abnormal breathing pattern. He took x-rays and Capone had a significant amount of fluid in his lungs and was going into congestive heart failure. We really didn’t know if he would make it through the night since cats generally go downhill fast once they have been diagnosed with this. I decided to take Capone to a 24 hour emergency facility so he could be monitored through the night by a Dr. This morning I got word that Capone did very well during the night and could come home. I need to continue to monitor him and he is currently on four different kinds of medication, which he will be for the rest of his life. All the money we used on him is well worth it. He is an important part of our family. He was a very timid stray we took in while we lived in Joplin, Mo. It took me almost three months of feeding him every day before he finally let me pet him. Ever since then he has been glued to my side. I often joke that his name should be shadow since he follows me EVERYWHERE! The house was very empty last night without him. It is so wonderful to have him back home and recovering. He is a very special cat!
BEFORE YOU WERE BORN,
We Dreamed of you, We Imagined you, We Prayed for you.NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE,
We Hope for you, We Love you, We Thank God for you.
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Brescia Updates
Adoption Update: We have no new news on the adoption front. We are just continuing to wait until we hear anything. We continue to read about adoption and attended classes or meetings on adoption every chance we get. We are trying to stay busy in hopes to make the wait a little more bearable. We have begun to try to reorganize the house and selling things we no longer use or need. I also have begun to work on my Spanish more regularly. All in the hope of bring home our baby soon.
Masters Update: I got word last Tuesday that I passed my comprehensive exam for my masters program. I was a little disappointed that I did not pass with honors but words cannot express how excited I was that I passed. This past Saturday I graduated from Western Michigan University with a Masters in Special Education with an endorsement in Learning Disabilities. What a relief to be finally done with something I have worked so hard for. So what’s next?! I will probably take a short time off from school but I have plans to start a program to earn an endorsement in Autism. My work at Croyden has helped me to develop a strong passion for working with students with Autism. Every day is an adventure and challenge; I love it. Who knows I might just decide to stay in school and get a PhD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment