This year it seems very difficult for me to get in the holiday spirit. Its not that I don't think this time of year is special and magical, I have always loved this time of year. I guess its because of everything that is going on. This time last year we were excited thinking about how our next Christmas we could be celebrating with our child. Instead, we will be spending another Christmas thinking about how our child is probably somewhere out there spending Christmas without their forever family.
We are going to Ecuador to spend Christmas with Giovanni's family. I am so nervous about leaving and spending this time away from my dad and family. I know that this will be a struggle.
I have been spending this week trying to nurse Capone back to health. He was not eating and was not his happy, loving self. I took him to the vet and found out his potassium was extremely low and he was dehydrated. I thought that the low potassium would have been a common thing since he has been taking lasix for his heart condition but the vet said that side effect only happens in humans not cats. So I have been giving him a potassium jell four-five times a day and giving him an IV with potassium once a day. Yes! I have an IV bag, tubing, and needles. I have to stick the IV needle in the scruff of his neck and try to keep him still until he has the appropriate amount of fluids. I don't think that he is improving. He still is not eating, very weak, not cuddling or purring. It breaks my heart to see him like this. I'm afraid that if he doesn't show some improvement really soon we will have to let him go. I'm not looking forward to having to saying good bye to him.
I hope that in the coming weeks things will settle down and I will be able to somewhat enjoy the holiday.
1 comment:
Poor Capone! What a sweet cat. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment