BEFORE YOU WERE BORN,
We Dreamed of you, We Imagined you, We Prayed for you.

NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE,
We Hope for you, We Love you, We Thank God for you.


Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Long Way from the Rake Mishap

As many of you may know we are not the savviest DIYers. Painting the inside of our house was a big undertaking for us (we barely survived that). When we first moved to Michigan and became homeowners, I don’t think either one or us realized what we were getting ourselves into. I came from a family where my father was very handy and could do just about anything. Giovanni came from a family/society where it’s just easy to hire someone to do the job for you (it's also way less expensive). So far we have survived on trial and error, help from family when they come to visit, what I have picked up from watching my dad over the years, and hired professionals. As we have become more and more comfortable with our home improvement abilities we have taken on more and more projects. Just a couple of months ago we installed shelving units in our walking closet; something we would have hired someone to do a year ago. With spring upon us we have decided to take on……the yard work! The past three years we have paid someone to come out and cut, rake, etc. our yard. After weeks of discussion we decided to give it a try. Today we went out and bought all the appropriate equipment….lawn mower, weed eater, and yard waste bags. We spent much of the afternoon outside doing yard work; lucky for Giovanni my back/ribs are doing much better and I was able to help. I pulled weeds in the garden, picked up sticks, cleaned off the patio and patio furniture…. Giovanni was in charge of the lawn mower and cutting the grass. I was so proud of him! He has come a long way from the rake mishap!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry, not familiar with the rake incident :(