BEFORE YOU WERE BORN,
We Dreamed of you, We Imagined you, We Prayed for you.

NOW THAT YOU ARE HERE,
We Hope for you, We Love you, We Thank God for you.


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wait, Hold, and Pray

The theme of this year seems to be "Wait, Hold, and Pray".



Wait...We have been waiting anxiously for words from Ecuador regarding our adoption. As the wait gets longer and longer, it also gets harder. Especially since we are not fully sure what we are waiting for. We could be waiting for Ecuador to approve our dossier (which is the normal part of the process, but we have been waiting longer then the estimated time frame). We could also be waiting for Ecuador to say they need more documents from us. And then there is the possibility that we could be waiting for a straight referral and news we have been matched with our child. We are closely approaching the year mark for many of our documents, which means will have to begin renewing many of the documents from our dossier. This will include our home study. I am also waiting for my dad. waiting for him to get better or get worse....possibly waiting for God to call him.



Hold....I have been in St. Louis for over a month. The time here is strange...at times it feel life i just got here, other times it feels like I have been here longer than a month. Some days go by fast and some days go by so slow. I wonder if this is normal, considering everything that is going on right now. I wonder if this is normal when you are putting your life on hold. This summer Giovanni and I had a lot of plans. Plans to prepare the house for the arrival of our child, trips and travels, and to just enjoy what we hoped to be our last summer as just the two of us. I know that three month might seem like a long time now, but in the big picture of life it is minute. I don't think that I will ever regret being here for my dad and family.



Pray...I tell myself everyday that God has plans for me and he will never give me more than I can handle. Honestly, some days this is harder to believe than others. I continue to pray in hopes that my prayer will soon be answered.

No comments: