Yesterday was such a wonderful day. I was able to convince my dad to go on an outing! Once a week they have a planned outing for the residences to go on. This week it was to the Ameristar Casino. We had been talking about going all week and he seemed on board for the trip, but you never know if he'll be up to it when the time comes. When I arrived to his room he was all dressed but when I told him we were going to the casino he said he thought that he was getting ready to go out somewhere with the family. He said he wanted to pass on the casino. The nurse walked in about 15 minutes before the bus was set to leave. When she said they were about to leave for the casino, my dad asked what casino they were going to. The nurse said Ameristar and dad looked at me and said, "Ok, let's go". We hurried up front, loaded the bus and we were off!
We had a great time! We played on three slot machines; one penny and two quarter slots (neither of us are big gamblers). On the last slot machine we won $35 and we both looked at each other and said, "Ok we're done!" We ended up winning $53 altogether. After that we went into one the restaurants, drank some ice tea, and talked. It was great seeing my dad laughing, having a great time and interacting with some of the other people on the trip with us. Even though it was just a 2 1/2 hour trip, it was a little adventure for us. It reminded me of all the fantastic adventures I had with my dad when I was growing up. I am so blessed to have all those moments and memories and thankful that I have been able share all these new ones with him. In the words of my dad "we had a good time, won some money, and had some fun" what else could we ask for?! 

No comments:
Post a Comment