Since sending off our dossier six long months ago, we had not really had a need to revisit the 'adoption binder'. After all, that's the blessing or curse of being in the 'waiting' phase of this journey. Today though I dusted it off as I prepared to update several documents needed for our home study update. Its hard to believe that its almost been a year since our home study. Looking through the binder made me think....Did we really fill out ALL this paper work? So much time, effort, and tears surround it all. I am grateful that this home study will not be as involved as the initial. There are several document to update and our social worker will make another visit to our house (time to get cleaning). This all has to be done by November. Soon we will be having to update document from our dossier also; many are only valid for a year.
We did receive some news from CHSFS regarding some movement in Ecuador. The news pertaining to us and our position in the process is that today they held a general meeting in Quito of all the agencies and committees (generally they meet separately based on the different regions). Although I am sure the main topic of conversation will be referrals, CHSFS is also hoping that while at this meet they will discuss if there are any new dossier approvals. We are anxiously waiting for news of our "idoneidad" (approval). It would be great to to receive good news this month. I think it would help put a positive spin on things as we begin renewing much of what we worked on for the past year. I continue to pray that we will soon be one step closer to bring our child into our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment